The eServices Division is responsible for ensuring a whole-of-Government approach in the deployment of services from public entities. This division paves the way for greater interoperability within the Public Sector with the aim of assuring the consistent delivery of quality Public Sector services.
• The acquisition and deployment of institutional information technology resources.
• Leading architecture design, software developments, and solution management to ensure alignment with eGovernment objectives and priorities.
• Leading in the design, implementation, customisation and maintenance of Ministries, Agencies and Commissions’ major software applications, website development and other related ICT projects.
• Identifying and evaluating risks leading to the development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
• Providing creative input for the development of new tools/systems, making enhancements to existing tools/systems, or finding new ways of using/integrating existing tools/systems.
• Analysing trends in user experiences to prioritise enhancements to ICT Systems within the Government of Guyana and ensuring their continual improvement.
• Establishing collaboration with Ministries, Agencies and Commissions and ICT Vendors to ensure successful delivery of services.
• Enhancing existing systems’ development methodologies, evaluating procedures, providing manuals, documenting best practices, evaluating configurations, providing support and systems analysis, and developing ICT systems used by designated Ministries, Agencies and Commissions.