The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of ICT training as it relates to research, developing, designing, revising, and facilitating training at the Centre of Excellence in Information Technology (CEIT). The CEIT is a centre of academic engagement and excellence; and Government of Guyana’s (GoG) leading provider of research-informed ICT education and projects for the Public Sector. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of ICT training as it relates to research, developing, designing, revising, and facilitating training at the CEIT.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend overseas training including the Master of Trainers programme in India for six (6) months in the appropriate course disciplines; as determined by the NDMA. Scholarship Information outlined below.
- Complete and maintain certification for designated courses.
- Maintain programme instructions and documentation for each designated course in compliance with NDMA and national accreditation requirements.
- Instructional design and development.
- Coordinate and create monthly schedule for all courses eligible to train.
- Instruct scheduled programme sessions using presentation materials, visual aids or other instructional techniques. The average monthly instruction time per Trainer should equal 50 percent of regular work hours.
- Maintain lab, tutorial, and office hours.
- Research requested topics/courses, in order to make recommendations on GoG ICT curriculum and courseware.
- Participate in ICT exploratory research project teams; as mandated from time-time by the Head and Deputy Head.
- Revise training programme content, materials (handouts/participant manuals) and tests, to include current information.
- Administer tests (when applicable) during scheduled programme sessions in order to determine completion status of trainers.
- Tutor and offer one-on-one assistance to trainers as requested and needed.
- Administer course evaluations to trainers following training sessions.
- Review programme evaluation summaries from trainers and supervisors for potential ways to improve curriculum and courseware.
- Review of courses and course material to ensure information facilitated is in compliance with GoG ICT educational strategy, objectives and mandate.
- Adhere to NDMA and CEIT policies and procedures especially the Professional Code of for Trainers.
- Attend meetings/sessions as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Academic qualifications as laid down by the Institute for the course concerned (Certificate/Diploma/Degree/Masters)
- Working knowledge of English required to follow the course
- Must be between the age of 25 to 45 years
- Medically fit to undertake the training
- Have at least (minimum) 5 years work experience in public service
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Education, Engineering, Training and Development; related field.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science, Advanced Computing, Mobile Computing, or IT Infrastructure System and Security.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant post-graduate experience is required. Teaching experience would be an asset.
Send your applications to the address below or fill out our application form at the bottom of this page:
The Human Resources Manager
National Data Management Authority
267 Forshaw Street
or email: email@example.com