The ICT Engineer within the Data Centre is responsible for installing, provisioning, testing, troubleshooting, splicing and maintaining high-speed fibre optic transmission equipment and telecommunications circuits supporting service delivery within the NDMA. The incumbent will also perform and assist with the maintenance and configuration of all core technologies deployed.
Duties & Responsibilities
As an ICT Engineer assigned to the NDMA’s Data Centre, you will support internal and external mission- critical IT infrastructure and applications. You will be part of a team responsible for all IT Infrastructure, including cloud operations, within the data center environment ensuring all server environments are secure, operational and maintain 99.999% uptime.
- Provide advanced technical support and leadership in primary areas of responsibility (network operations, server operations, system monitoring, print operations, and problem management)
- Document problems providing detailed information and analysis.
- Work closely with the data center team during outages and provide root cause analysis
- Responsible for leading the recovery process during a disaster recovery drill or real recovery should the primary data center become incapacitated
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures, as well as perform updates to current documentation as required.
- Provide advanced level support of disaster recovery processes in house, such as backup and restore processes, disk initialisations and decommission.
- Design and deploy server/network solutions
- Engineer indoor/outdoor copper and fiber optic networks
- Install / decommission switches and servers in the data center
- Patching firmware of equipment in the Data center
- Can perform surveys to determine amount, type, length, quantity of cable required
- Can identify the necessity for other installation material like velcro, grounding wire, lugs etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Can take task and work independent and meet expectations
This position requires education and experience reflecting possession of the required knowledge and skills. A typical combination would include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field (comparable work experience in lieu of degree will be considered)
- At least 3 years of experience in network support or related areas
- CCNA, MCP, Network+, Storage+ or other network related certifications a plus
Send your applications to:
The Human Resources Manager
National Data Management Authority
267 Forshaw Street
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org