Assistant /ICT Engineers-Transmission: – To design, administrate and maintain all data transmission systems and solutions within eGovernment Agency and connecting all government ministries and agencies so as to provide consistent high quality ICT services to all clients of the eGovernment Agency.
- Engineer, implement and improve Wide Area Network solutions and maintenance plans for all eGovernment-networked systems.
- Lead technicians and project teams in the execution of their duties.
- Collaborate with the other engineers and technicians of the Data Communications Department and other staff to ensure department standards and best practices are strictly followed.
- Collaborate with technical representatives and project teams of government ministries and agencies.
- Ensure all faults and failures are reported clearly and in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify and report failing transmission equipment and systems.
- Plan and manage assigned work, in the form of independent projects.
- Deliver technical training and knowledge sharing for Technicians.
- Participate in the development of operating procedures for the eGovernment Agency.
- Proactively create and maintain documentation of work performed, in accordance with the policies of the eGovernment Agency.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to successfully implement approved solutions.
- Work on multiple projects involving tight deadlines.
- Performs other related tasks that may be required from time to time to drive Divisional objectives or special project initiatives.